Saturday, February 8, 2014

Why I lie

I am a real loner
rather would be secluded
from others I've met who feuded
such was my opinion that they dishonor
the lives around them
which is a mirror before them

I did realize there's joy in it
by a miraculous occurrence I gave a shit
to acquire company to rid
my recluse behavior
supposedly - I did think - this person be my
savior
away from the life of degrading
unwavering labor

The person did criticize
and demised
my words and thoughts
the ones I rarely expressed out loud
for which I was hardly proud

Company got up to leave
to drop me without any notion to
grieve.

"No. Please, please no,"
I said in plead
"Don't leave me alone."

"But you seem to want to drown,"
the company said
"I want no part of your
maelstrom."

"I lie!" I yelled
"I lie because one day
I will die and that's what
I will always say."

I lied and lied
because this company
I convinced to stay
would be at my side
on my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment